All About Yoga Body Fitness
Health Articles | August 26, 2009
Yoga In today`s competitive and challenging environment, most of the people are having a stressful lifestyle that often results in several physical, mental and emotional ailments. Yoga body fitness is one of the most effective solutions for combating all these problems.A complete body workout, yoga comprises a set of exercises that improves overall body flexibility and fitness. It tones up the body muscles and increases the stamina. Regular practice further ensures added benefits of mental and emotional balance.
What is Yoga?
Yoga is a 5000 year-old discipline that originated from the East. The word Yoga has been derived from a Sanskrit word `yug` which means to join. While at spiritual level yoga implies the union of the individual consciousness with the universal consciousness, at practical level it means balancing the body, mind and emotions. Yoga body fitness harmonizes body and mind through several exercises and poses like asanas, pranyamas, mudras, bandhas, shatkarmas and meditation. Yoga practice ensures you are able to cope with the daily stress and strains of life.
Benefits of Yoga:
Over the years, yoga practice has benefited scores of people suffering from different ailments. The yoga body fitness technique is highly effective in curing numerous diseases that the people often complain about. In today`s date, people prefer yoga over other medications because it has no harmful side-effects. There are numerous benefits of performing yoga. Few of the benefits are enumerated below:
1. Improves overall body fitness and health.
2. Increases level of energy and stamina.
3. Tones up abdominal muscles and shapes your stomach.
4. It is good for internal body functioning systems including digestive system, nervous system, circulatory system, immune system and nervous system.
5. Tones up legs, arms, chest, shoulders, abs and buttocks.
6. Improves overall sexual fitness and virility.
Also, it is believed that yoga body fitness is the apt technique for treating diverse body disorders including diabetes, blood pressure, heart disorders and sexual health problems.
Growing popularity of Yoga:
Yoga has become immensely popular world-wide. Its craze in the US or other nations is no passing trend. In fact, the yoga body fitness gurus say that it has been in practice since ages and its popularity will go on increasing as more and more people will become aware about its importance in overall well-being. All the yoga enthusiasts will surely vouch for that.
Over the years, the yoga body fitness method has attracted large number of people towards it. Its appeal and popularity has witnessed significant boost. It is one of the effective methods that have become essential for everyone in today`s scenario. Following are the factors that have made yoga really relevant.
1. There are many people who are unable to cope with the competitive and stressful environment. Yoga helps to control anxiety and calms the mind from cluttered thoughts.
2. One of the most common problems found today in most countries is obesity. Yoga body fitness method can help to burn out excess calories and achieve desired weight and shape. It is also effective for people who are under-weight.
3. The yoga body fitness principles of balance in physical activity and diet also result in healthier lifestyles.
4. Yoga can rejuvenate the mind and body with positive energy that is often required to tackle everyday tasks and challenges.
5. The yoga body fitness principles also ensure genuine inner contentment and well-being.
Sources for learning Yoga:
There are various sources from where one can learn the yoga body fitness practices. One can easily learn the basic principles at home through yoga guides and videos. However, some of the experts believe that it is always better to first attend some yoga classes of an experienced teacher to learn the basics.
A qualified and experienced teacher can be the best guide who can teach you and correct you whenever you go wrong. Yoga classes are offered by several yoga centers and schools, health clubs, YMCAs and community centers. It is always better to make the right choice. Go for classes that are authorized and have expert involvement.